Yesterday we have our 6th Cluster 1 Women's Fellowship gathering in our church. Cluster one is composed of four churches in our denomination (Grace Gospel Christ of Christ) . It is a regular fellowship for women every three months. This gathering is full of fun activities like games, contests, and lectures. So this month, our church is the host of this fellowship. I'm so blessed and I learned a lot from the lectures. our theme was"The Godly Woman as Light of the Word" with it's sub-topics: (a. A Godly woman as light of the FAMILY, b. A Godly woman as light of the CHURCH C. A Godly woman as light of the COMMUNITY.
I love the lecture proper because its very interesting for me and its more practical being a woman or a wife to our family. Though I was a little bit distracted because of my ZD but I still have my hand-outs with me, so thank God!
Because I'm blessed and I know it's very helpful for us, specially for being a Godly woman of this world, I'm happy to share it with you. And I encourage you to get your bible to read the verses as you read this I know you will learn a lot from this. So here we go
Theme: "The Godly Woman as the Light of the World" (family, Church and Community) But I would like to share this post more on family. Please open your bible in the book of Psalm 127:1; Titus 2:3-5 and Romans 13:1-3. It is better to read this following verses for us to understand what the bible tells about this topic.
1. FAMILY (Satan and Home)
I have a song that I was teach in our children Sunday school, it says that "When Satan in the family is broken broken home! When Jesus in the family is happy happy home". Did you agree with that?
According to our speaker's introduction that the first Satan made was against the home. He invaded Eden and led the first husband and wife into disobedience and judgement. (did you know the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden? In Gen. Chapter 3, the beginning of disobedience and sin of this world ever).
Satan is still attacking the home. We know that there's a lot of broken families right now, and i know you can enumerate the following issues as to why it happened. This does not mean that all wrecked homes are the fault of Satan, for often the flesh has a lot to do with the problems. If either or both partners are too immature for the demands of marriage Satan can find openings for (subtle and not so subtle) attacks. If the married couple does not obey the Bible and leave father and mother, but instead permit the parents to interfere, then Satan has an easy time attacking that marriage.
Some Specific Areas of Attack Mentioned in the Bible:
1. Satan teaches doctrine that forbid marriage- 1 Timothy 4:1-3
Matthew 19:12- not everyone is supposed to get married,
1 Corinthians 7:34- unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord.
2. Satan seeks to reverse the headship in the home.
- Headship is not dictatorship, headship is leadership in love. 1 Timothy 2:11-13; Ephesians 5:22,23
3. Satan wants to lead husbands and wives into moral impurity.
1 Corinthians 7:1-5- Sex in marriage in not sinful, it's a gift from God.
4. Satan gets the wife too busy outside the home- 1 Tim. 5:14-15
The yielded Christian wife should find job and fulfillment in her home.
Some Guideline Homemaking (for Godly Woman)
1. Build your home- You don't have to be married to have a home. Indeed, wherever you live is your home. Proverbs 14:1; Psalm 127:1
2. Watch over hour home - Proverbs 31:27
3. Manage your home- It is better to be busy at home that to be a busybody. 1 Timothy 5:14; 2 Thessalonians 3:11
4. Love your home- Women are to be "keepers at home" Love is the world's most powerful motivators. No task will be too difficult and no job ill be too menial (or meaningless) but love will enable us and empower us to tackle it, master it and excel at it. Proverbs 31:29
Ten Discipline for Home Management
1. You shall be dedicated to managing your home. Titus 2:5
2. You shall be a woman of prayer. Matthew 6:21
Parents can influence their children's destiny through prayer.
3. You shall be aware of the basics. Proverbs 31:10-12
4. You shall follow a schedule. Proverbs 31:15
5. You shall be organized. "looketh well" means a place for everything and everything in its place. Proverbs 31:27
6. You shall be there. Deuteronomy 6:7
7. You shall be the best. Proverbs 31: 29 "Cleanliness, Orderliness, 3 meals a day"
8. You shall be reading Imagines, newspapers, books, most of all the Bible.
9. You shall be frugal. "Handle money wisely"
10. You shall be creative.
Household Security- Proverbs 29: 25
1. Take charge of the media- We all know the influence of media nowadays. Guide your child.
2. Check out their friends- We did our part to raise them in our home we educate them how to be a better person in their conduct and behavior, but outside with their friends they will learn also a lot of things.
3. Build shield- Teach biblical and encouraging their faith.
"Mothers, you may work at a job, but your real work, your real life, your priorities lie at home. Home is where your heart must be".
Thank you Mrs. Marietta Bermejo for sharing this wonderful reminders.